Sender:
From:
VA/DC Referee Advisor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2012 22:58:13 -0400
Folks,
  I do not recommend that people use an iron, since there is some
chance of doing permanent damage to the mat.

  There's a small chance that there will be some additional
information in this year's Field Setup instructions about relaxing the
mat.  My guess is that the hair dryer method will be described again.
This mat material was pretty resilient last year, so letting it sit
out for a week or so will probably give your team acceptable results.

  As we in the VA/DC FLL organizing team work with the tournament
organizers and the field kit assemblers, we will ask them to lay the
mats out to relax, and not to fold them for packing, but I won't make
any guarantees this early in the season.

Steve Scherr
VA/DC FLL Referee Advisor