Sender:
First Lego League Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:27:20 -0500
7bit
From:
David Levy <[log in to unmask]>
To: Tracie Short <[log in to unmask]> cc: [log in to unmask]
Tracie,

I really like this solution and you are right that the KISS method
applies here.  I guess I have been violating the KISS edict because I
was assuming that the kids' printouts should completely reflect a
working program from start to finish.  It's always better to use
myblocks or other techniques to make the programs easier to manage on
screen but there really is no need to compromise the program purely to
facilitate printing.

My only suggestion would be to have the kids make use of the  NXT-G
commenting tool as much as possible.  In addition to documenting program
flow for the printout,  the  comments also help the kids easily find
critical areas when coding.
( i.e.  leave base , turn toward model , start tracking with light
sensor, activate model,  return home. )

Thanks for the tip
David Levy
3rd year coach