From:
Michael Blanpied <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Blanpied <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 2009 18:34:02 -0400
At 10:58 AM -0400 10/1/09, Barbara Bragg wrote:
>I need to purchase a field set-up kit and NXT
>robot (no registration necessary) for training
>purposes.  Is there anyone out there that has
>purchased a robot and 2009 field set-up kit that
>has decided not to compete this year?  I had
>every intention of doing this early in the week,
>butŠ..

Barbara,

I see that you already have an offer of a field
kit. If you end up buying a robot kit, I suggest
you do some price-shopping online, as you may be
able to save some money compared to buying it
from Lego. I would guess that there are also some
used kits out there, too. Google shopping can
give you a sense of available prices with just a
couple of minutes of key-tapping.

And remember, the only critical elements are the
NXT "brain" and motors (and sensors if used). The
rest can be any Lego pieces at all. Many teams
have one or more members with a huge Lego or Lego
Technics collection at home, and those are fair
game.

--
Cheers,
Mike Blanpied