Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2010 20:43:55 -0500

Dear K-8 Educator:

I am an experienced teacher who has returned to
graduate school at the University of North Carolina's School of Information
and Library Science. As a part of my master's research, I am studying
teacher perspectives on three specific programs in science, technology,
engineering and math.

If you are a teacher who teaches web development,
robotics or model bridge building to any students between kindergarten and
8th grade, I ask that you take the time to participate in my study. As you
know, the work you do as an educator is extremely important to the future
of our children and our country. Your unique perspective will be a valued
addition to my research. Your participation in this study is completely
voluntary.

To participate in the study, please complete an online
questionnaire by clicking this link:

Link to Survey [1]

or by cutting
and pasting this address into your web browser:

https://uncodum.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6FiCp4gupdQInc0

The
questionnaire will take you between 10 and 20 minutes to complete. Please
complete the survey before March 31, 2011.

Because I want to encourage
the participation of as many teachers as possible, please forward this
email to any K-8 teachers who teaches web development, robotics or model
bridge building.

You may contact me with any questions at (919) 246-4930
or by email at [log in to unmask]

All research on human volunteers is
reviewed by a committee that works to protect your rights and welfare. If
you have questions or concerns about your rights as a research subject you
may contact, anonymously if you wish, the Institutional Review Board at
919-966-3113 or by email to [log in to unmask] A more detailed
description of your rights as a study participant will be provided to you
at the beginning of the survey.

Thank you for considering participation
in this study. Your views on education are important for the success of
this study.

Sincerely,

Bill Burton

MSIS Student

University of North
Carolina

School of Information and Library Science

Links:
------
[1]
https://uncodum.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6FiCp4gupdQInc0