Sender:
First Lego League Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Patrick & Cari Norton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2008 21:27:00 -0400
Just passing this along.   :)

Cari Norton
RoboDesigners FLL Team #71
www.robodesigners.com

Resource Update from TechBrick: New JrFLL/FLL Resources

1. NEW! JrFLL:We've posted lots of cool posters and other items for you to
use for JrFLL Expos. You can download them or purchase printed copies from
TechBrick.  Plan now for your JrFLL Expo.
http://www.techbrick.com/Lego/LEGO2008/Resources/resourcesjfll.html

2. NEW! JrFLL: Our state JrFLL site has a number of good FAQs and summaries
for the 2008-09 season. Plan on adding JrFLL to your FLL program and help
train the next generation. Please feel free to copy this material to your
local JrFLL info pages and let's make JrFLL the fastest growing program for
2008-09. Use the link below for our MD general 2008-09 info. Clone it and
the FAQs for your state.
http://www.jfllmaryland.com/jfll/registration.htm

3. FLL:  As we indicated previously, we have lots of great resources for
planning and strategy. These have already been downloaded by 1000's of teams
globally (see attached map from a recent 6 hour window). We'll have scoring
sheets and other materials on the site within hours of the challenge release
so be sure to register for updates. Meanwhile, consider buying the printed
version of the assembly instructions. They look great, come double-sided
(saving 60 sheets of paper), and are three-hole drilled. My 9-year old
poured over them trying to figure out what the challenge will be.
http://www.techbrick.com/Lego/LEGO2008/Resources

4. Team Tips: If you haven't looked at our Team Tips page take a few
minutes. We provide info for new teams, making clothes, and suggested
activities and more!
http://www.techbrick.com/Lego/TechBrick/TeamTips

5. NEW! Do you Love the FLL Programs? Get bags and mugs with a combination
of all ten FLL challenges and items with just Climate Connections. See
samples attached. Follow the link below to purchase them and other items.
http://www.cafepress.com/techbrick

6. Need Help Starting Your FLL Team: Lastly, if you are a new FLL team and
would like some real-world advice, we can do occasional 45-minute online
meetings for groups for 3-15. If you're interested just drop me an email.
All you need is a phone and broadband internet connection. Lunch is on us
(virtually that is).

Thank you to all the sites that have linked to us. You can see some of them
here:
http://www.techbrick.com/Lego/TechBrick/Resources/resourcesTeamLinks.html

If you've linked to us and you are not on the list please let me know.

Ready for a great season? We are raring to go...

// Marco
Lead Mentor
Marco Ciavolino
TechBrick Robotics