From:
Pam Senfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pam Senfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 2016 22:42:47 -0500
One of my teams asked for & received keychains from a local car dealership to use as their giveaways.  My team plans to add a team sticker to one one side of the keychain...the other side has imprinted contact info for the car dealership.  Is this okay to use for our giveaway?  The following is all I could find that might address the issue... (from the Coaches Handbook)

"No teams or sponsors may use the FIRST or LEGO logos in any advertising (due to IRS rules). This means that the logos cannot be used to promote commercial goods or services for sale."

As long as my team doesn't use the FIRST or LEGO logos on their sticker, is it okay for them to hand out these keychains?

I just want to make sure FLL doesn't have a broader "no advertising" rule before we bring these to our tournament.

Thank you,
Pam Senfield
FLL Coach to the fabulous Legendary Llamas teams, Ashland, VA