Sender:
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 2010 14:32:09 +0000
8bit
From:
"Swayne, Dominic - swaynedd" <[log in to unmask]>
To: Heather Houlden <[log in to unmask]>
I recommend they try another method for distance.  Time (10 sec) will remain
constant but the distance traveled will vary with the power of the
batteries.  You'll find the rotation sensors (rotations or degrees) will
give them a much more reliable metric.  You can incorporate math (Diameter
of the wheel x pi = circumference for one rotation) to calculate degrees of
rotation to achieve a given distance.