Sender:
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2011 12:03:06 -0400
From:
Glenn Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
To: Monica Mizelle <[log in to unmask]>
You should have received a CD with the kit.  It contains the software to
program the robot.  You'll need a Macintosh or PC computer to run the
software.

Your team will also have to design your robot.  Unlike off-the-shelf Lego
kits that give you step-by-step instructions, the FLL competition is all
about having the team come up with their own individual designs, tailored to
meet the needs of the mission.  This usually takes many design-a-little,
build-a-little, test-a-little sessions with your team.  If you're planning
to enter a robot in this fall's competition (only a few weeks away now!)
your team's got its work cut out for it.  Perhaps build a very simple robot
starting with one of the standard Lego designs or getting ideas from
previous competitions, then figure out what elements of the game challenge
you can reasonably take on.

Don't give up. All rookie teams have a steep learning curve, but you'll gain
a lot from the experience and from participating in the competition