Sender:
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 2009 05:48:39 -0500
From:
Glenn Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
To: Patrick & Cari Norton <[log in to unmask]>
You can do much the same thing on any windows system (including XP) using
the "Print Screen" button.  The "Print Screen" key captures either the
entire screen image (Shift-Print Screen) or just the current active window
(Alt-Shift Print Screen).  I've seen some systems where you can only use the
Alt and Shift keys on the right side of the keyboard, so experiment. The
capture is sent to the clipboard as a bit image.  You can then go to an
application like Power Point and just do a "paste" operation and you'll see
your window.  Double-click on the image to get the usual image manipulation
tools to crop and resize.

This is how we documented our software last year (haven't gotten that far
yet this year!).

Hope it helps.

-          Glenn