Sender:
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2018 14:20:24 -0400
From:
Skip Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
I am glad this discussion has started. I always shake my head when I see
posts from anxious parents looking for teams for their children. I rarely,
if ever, see positive responses.

The real problem, it seems, is that there are very few "neighborhood
teams". Teams that will allow anyone to join. I know of one such team in
the Hampton Roads area, and I think her business has closed as of this
year, so that will leave none. All other teams are associated with a
school, and they are limited to students at that school. If your school
doesn't have a team, you are pretty much out of luck.

I have often thought about starting a website to help parents connect their
kids with a team, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized it
probably wouldn't do much good because there just aren't very many teams
looking for kids.

I hope that I am wrong about the neighborhood teams. Maybe it's just a
Hampton Roads thing. Maybe more teams are not associated with schools than
I realize. In which case the website is an excellent idea.

So, what's the solution? I'd like to encourage these parents that are in
search of a team to start a team of their own. Then they can spread the
wealth and help a few more parents even. Other than that, I don't know what
the solution is.

I'd love to see this discussion continue. Scott, I'd love to volunteer to
help you, but I'm not the enterprise programmer type. I am sure there are a
few here though.

Best Regards,
Skip Morrow

.