From:
Stuart Roll <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stuart Roll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2008 20:28:11 -0700
I appreciate all your kind responses to my question.  First off, if I
may clarify, this isn't about my team so I have limited influence on
what they choose to do for their own reasons.  I have two separate teams
of my own (at different schools - ACK!) and my plate is more than full!

I will pass on your responses to the other team's coaches.  I too would
like them to participate at whatever level they can.

Our local program's goal was to have as many interested kids participate
as possible and circumstances resulted in this third team getting the
short end of the stick with time and resources. I have talked to the
coaches a bit to try to help them out but there's only so much I can do
due to my own over-commitment.

I am gratified that, despite their difficulties, both the coaches and
the kids on that team are not rejecting our local program or FLL.  There
is now even more interest in a year-round program which would go a long
way towards preventing another situation like this.

Again, thanks for your responses.

Stuart