From:
Phil Smith III <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phil Smith III <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 2009 23:58:55 -0400
Coaches:

I've heard rumors of several teams dropping out of the Regionals. I beg you to think long and hard before doing this. No matter how un-ready the kids think they are, they'll have fun and learn something at Regionals.

Please don't let them quit just because they don't think they'll "win". FLL is so much more than winning or losing!

If you are the coach of a team who dropped out and want to reconsider, I strongly suspect you can be accommodated (I can't promise, it isn't up to me, but it's worth at least asking).
--
Phil Smith III
Virginia State Judge Advisor, 2007, 2008, 2009

Coach, The Capital Girls, Oak Hill (retired)
Team 1900 (2002)
Team 2497 (2003)
Team 2355 (2004)
Team 1945 (2005)