VADCJRFLL-L Archives

October 2011

VADCJRFLL-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

Sender:
Junior FIRST LEGO League in Virginia and DC <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Sally Sylvester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Oct 2011 22:12:53 -0400
 Hello Jr.FLL Friends,

I would like to pass along some information on Jr.FLL Expos.? There will be more added, but this is a list of Expos to date.

1.? Jr.FLL Expo - Saturday, November 19th - George Mason University (in conjunction with a FLL Tournament).
???? Registration will open tomorrow - 15 slots - first come first served
???? To register: ? email? [log in to unmask] with the following information: Jr.FLL team number, team name, city, state, coach name and contact information.
???? Please indicate if using WeDo.?
???? $35 per team - includes 6 medals, 6 certificates, 1 trophy and 1 coach pin per team.?

2.? Jr.FLL Expo - December 17th - St. Christopher's Richmond VA - IMPORTANT CHANGE - EXPO NOW CANCELLED.
???? The Jr.FLL Expo was supposed to be held in conjuction with a FIRST Tech Challenge qualifying tournament.
???? The location of the FTC tournament at St. Christopher's has been changed to a smaller area, so there is not room for the Jr.FLL Expo.?
????? The Expo will be held in February - see below.? Sorry for the cancellation, this was beyond our control.?

3.? Jr.FLL Expo - February
???? Date and location to be announced - this will replace the Dec 17th event.? We are hoping to hold this event in conjunction with another
???? FIRST event.? Once the location/date have been finalized we will announce it (hopefully in the next two weeks).

4.? Jr.FLL Expo - April 21, 2012 - Science Museum of Virginia, Richmond
???? More details to follow

5.? Jr.FLL Expo - May 21, 2012 - Archbishop Carroll High School Robotics Expo, DC
???? More details to follow

6.? Other Jr.FLL Expos - consider planning a Jr.FLL Expo
? ? If a team is interested in organizing an Expo there are online resources available.? It is easy, fun and we can help you spread the word.
??? Medals and other goodies can be ordered from Crown Trophy.? If you go to www.usfirst.org and click on Jr.FLL you can read more about
??? organizing an Expo.?

Thanks to all the Jr.FLL teams out there.? Have fun with Snack Attack and please let us know if you are interested in hosting a Jr.FLL Expo.
It really is fun and we can help you get started.?

Many thanks,

Sally Sylvester
Senior Mentor Virginia