VADCJRFLL-L Archives

September 2012

VADCJRFLL-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Sally Sylvester <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sally Sylvester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2012 12:22:50 +0000
Hello Jr.FLL Coaches and Friends,

With the growth of Jr.FLL in Virginia and DC, we hope to have multiple Jr.FLL Expos around the state during the fall, winter and spring.  At this point I do have a few Save the Dates to share.

1.  Saturday, November 3rd - Eagle Ridge Middle School in Ashburn VA
     This event will be in conjunction with the FIRST LEGO League Tournament.
     More details to follow.

2.  Saturday, March 2nd, 2013 - Arthur Ashe Center in Richmond VA
     This event will be in conjunction with the FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) Championship Event
      More details to follow

3.  Saturday, May 3rd, 2013 - Science Museum of Virginia in Richmond VA
     This will be the fourth year for this event!
      More details to follow

I also want to let Jr.FLL teams know that anyone can "host" an event.  An event can be as simple as a few teams getting together to share their LEGO models and Show-Me posters and celebrating with ice cream or pizza. If you are considering hosting an event, a lot of good information can be found at  http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/jr.fll/events
Here you will be able to view the Event Guide, download certificate templates, order awards, etc.
You can also post your event on the USFIRST website and announce it on the VA/DC Jr.FLL listserv.  To post on the FIRST website go to https://my.usfirst.org/myevents/index.lasso  If you are reading this you are already on the VA/DC Jr.FLL listserv.

If you have any questions about hosting an Event, please let me know and I'm happy to work with you.  There are a lot of simple things you can do at an Event to make it fun and special, and I am happy to share those ideas with you.

Hope you are all having a GREAT SUPER SENIOR season so far!!  Don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions about starting your Jr.FLL team - it is easy to start a team and an incredible experience for everyone!

Sally Sylvester
FIRST Senior Mentor Virginia

PS - Remember that Sunday is Grandparent's Day.  Maybe your team can make cards for a local senior facility or bake cookies for the team's grandparents.  Whatever you do be sure to HAVE FUN!!  If you have not formed your team yet, not to worry.  You can make cards or cookies any season!