VADCJRFLL-L Archives

March 2012

VADCJRFLL-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Sally Sylvester <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2012 08:06:26 -0500
Hello Jr.FLL Friends,

I would like to share an exciting opportunity that is coming up for
Jr.FLL teams to showcase the program:

Saturday, March 17th
FIRST Robotics Competition - Virginia Regional
Siegel Center, VCU, Richmond

There will be 60+ high school teams competing in the Rebound Rumble
game - robots will be playing basketball!!
We would like to have representatives from all the FIRST programs at
this event.  Jr.FLL teams (or even a couple members
and a coach) will be asked to bring their LEGO model and Show-Me
Poster.  They will have a table and will talk with
visitors about Jr.FLL and what they learned.  The students can show
their model and poster and just have fun!
And don't forget to wear those team shirts!

Teams don't need to stay the entire day, but can take shifts.  Either
before or after their shift teams can watch the
competition, talk with FRC teams, see the FLL and FTC demos and even
drive some demo robots.

I am looking for teams from about 9:30 am - 3:00 pm.
If your team is willing to come for even an hour or two that would be
great!  It could be a fun Saturday for the team.
If this is something you would like to do, please send me an email.

Jr.FLL Expo - April 21st
Science Museum - Richmond
10 am - 12:30 pm
$25 per team - includes medals for all team members
There are still a few slots left if your team is interested.
Please send me an email.

Many thanks,

Sally Sylvester
Senior Mentor Virginia