VADCJRFLL-L Archives

May 2013

VADCJRFLL-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Sparky Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sparky Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2013 17:30:05 -0400
Hello Jr. FLL Teams!

Thank you to all the teams that donated to Phase 1 of our LEGO Drive! Due
to the tremendous generosity of Jr. FLL and FLL teams all over the state,
we distributed 14 Jr. FLL kits to under-served elementary schools, and sent
35 LEGO kits to Haiti.

We are a *FIRST* Robotics Competition (FRC) Team, from J.R Tucker High
School in Richmond. Sparky 384 was the Virginia Regional Chairman's Award
Winner this year. We are hosting a LEGO Drive, to provide LEGOs to children
in under-served communities in Virginia. Please help us "spark" a life-long
interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) in
young students who might not otherwise have this opportunity.

We are collecting gently used LEGO elements and bricks to create Jr.
FLL kits. If your Jr. FLL team has LEGOs or Jr. FLL kits you are not using
anymore, we would love to have your donations. Please e-mail us, at
[log in to unmask], if you have any LEGOs or Jr. FLL kits you would like
to donate. We are also in great need of the LEGO base plates and would love
donations of those as well.

Together we can "spark" the future of the world's youth into a fun-filled
world of Science and Technology.

Thank You!

Regards,

Sparky 384