FEAST-L Archives

May 2008

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Phyllis Rooney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Feminist ethics and social theory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2008 14:59:16 -0400
Lorraine L:
Since some of these references to Mills' work are right on my desk at the moment here they are:
Mills' earlier definition/discussion of "an epistemology of ignorance," (which he defines in terms of patterns of cognitive dysfunctions) is in *The Racial Contract* (Cornell, 1997).  See esp. circa p. 18.
He develops his arguments further in his recent essay,"White Ignorance,"  in *Race and Epistemologies of Ignorance*, eds. Shannon Sullivan and Nancy Tuana (Suny Press, 2007).
Best,
Phyllis (Rooney)