FEAST-L Archives

May 2008

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Nicole Garner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Feminist ethics and social theory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2008 12:42:15 -0400
Shay
Thanks! Maybe it is my usual ignorance of the lives of ohter groups but i still dont see anything that speaks to me of learning about elitist structures like tenure.  It very well could and i am just misunderstanding, ity sounds to me like you would learn about what you want to and not have learning about tenure being a significant part of it unless you would want to.  It sitll just looks like what i was excited about to begin with. Thats why the exclusion of so many really bothered me.  On the other hand this group may be made up of mostly the included group, both with the grad students and with faculty.
When i think of it most of the other grad studetns i know who are like me, who dont want a solid place in an academis structure arent on this list but they are thinking more about teaching and i am thinking more about writing so I like to see the ideas and to have resources for questions.
Best
Nicole
We cant find world peace when theres a war on the streets, mos our teenagers murdered or growin up wit AIDS, that the life we livin in our Ghetto
2pac Shakur, Ghetto Gospel