FEAST-L Archives

October 2008

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Gail Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gail Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 2008 15:14:49 -0400
Hi Everyone,

Below is a call for papers for the International Association for Philosophy and Literature (IAPL) conference which is taking place this coming June at Brunel University in West London (about 10 minutes from Heathrow Airport).  As a member of the IAPL Executive Committee I can personally vouch for this being a terrific feminist and women-friendly conference.  I usually describe it as a wonderful mix of SPEP (Society for Phenomenology and Existentialism) and the MLA (Modern Languages Association) and anyone who has been there can also attest to the fact that it is a very special interdisciplinary conference.  IAPL sessions tend to emphasize continental philosophical perspectives (though a colleage in my own department who specializes in logic and phil. of math. went this past summer and really enjoyed it too!) and one need only submit an abstract via email throught the IAPL website (www.iapl.info) to be considered as a panelist for a General Session.

Please consider submitting an abstract this year. The theme below isintended to be sufficiently broad to encourage a diverse group of papers so please interpret it as narrowly or as loosely as works for your purposes.

Gail Weiss