Re: active touch rule

Steve Scherr <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 13 Nov 2008 22:34:10 -0500

A couple of wording changes here:

As has been noted earlier, if the robot is *IN* base, rather than *TOUCHING* base, there is no
touch penalty.  For example all the wheels might be Touching the mat outside of base, but some
corner of the robot might still lie *over* Base, so the robot is still In base--no penalty

Officially, it is not a 4 or 5 point deduction, rather those points are not added in when the scores
are totaled at the end of the match.  Essentially the same difference.

Steve