Re: Tables & Carts at the Competition Table

John Barrett <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 11 Nov 2008 17:58:23 -0500

George,
While I appreciate your perspective to run regionals in the same manner
as worlds, I respectfully ask that you reconsider your decision (we're
not at worlds). Our team has 10 members and our goal is always to give
every team member a chance to work the table each round. This year's new
ruling that the kids "on-deck" cannot hold strategic pieces has forced
us to use a bin that we were hoping to place on a small rolling cart
next to the table. This year's challenge has numerous small pieces that
must be picked and delivered all over the table and the team has devised
missions that involve bringing them to base and then sending them out
later. With 10 kids, various attachments, and numerous scoring pieces,
there is a lot to maintain on the table, especially when the levee
tester is prone to being triggered by accidental touching during work at
the base.

If the "no cart" decision remains, will you allow scoring pieces to be
stored in the bin during the round?

Sincerely,
John