Re: Mentoring rookie coaches

Tim Bornholtz <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 21 Nov 2008 13:50:23 -0500

I hadn't thought about it until you posed the question, but yes, we've noticed.

I don't have a lot of help though.  Last year, our first year, there
were a lot of missions that could be accomplished by simply pushing
things around (and mostly in straight lines).  This year there was
very little possible with simply pushing.

I had a very hard time getting the kids to think about when a certain
sensor would be really beneficial and make a mission more reliable.
I'm planning on meeting roughly once per month and using the current
table but invent a problem for them that can only be solved by using a
sensor.  Hopefully that will get them thinking in the right direction.

But back to your original question, I'm not sure how to stop the
goofing around time.  Maybe it was unfortunate that we did so well our
first year.

-Tim

--
Tim Bornholtz