Re: Loosing parts of researchers while delivery

Patton Adams <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 1 Nov 2008 18:43:04 -0400

Karen, thanks (I think) for the clarification. For some of us, I think it is a matter of what constitutes common sense and whether it is truly "common" sense, ie, shared by all. Our team has what I believe are some creative solutions, but I'm afraid some refs might consider those solutions to cause "deliberate" damage to some of the mission models. This is especially true for some of the more fragile models, such as the house, ice buoy, and snowmobile. There is a qualitative difference between purposeful damage and, shall we say, "indifferent" damage. The latter would be damage caused to a mission model when the team's solution does not take any care to preserve the integrity of the mission model. When the sole purpose is delivery to one place or another, keeping the mission model in one piece ceases to be of primary importance. In a real-life analogy, an Arctic research team should be able to repair a broken snowmobile, no?

Thanks again and we'll take our chances I guess. At the very least, we'll enjoy the "wow" factor.

Patton Adams
Team Rob Bob