Re: May the team bring a small table to the match?

Phil Smith III <[log in to unmask]>

Phil Smith III <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 1 Nov 2008 21:56:57 -0400

There's probably nothing in the rules that says you can't bring an elephant, either, but that doesn't mean a tournament will (or should) allow it.

Ralph's point remains: check with your local tournament organizers, and be prepared to run WITHOUT the table if necessary. There's no intent to mess up team operations, but I've seen tournaments where space was tight enough that a table would have been a problem. And, while your TV tray may work, it's a slippery slope: the next team wants to bring a bigger table, and the next a full-size, wheeled Craftsman tool chest...so caveat lusor* applies.

Cheers,

* That's "player", not a typo for "loser"!
--
Phil Smith III
Virginia State Judge Advisor, 2007, 2008

Coach, The Capital Girls, Oak Hill (retired)
Team 1900 (2002)
Team 2497 (2003)
Team 2355 (2004)
Team 1945 (2005)