FEAST-L Archives

March 2009

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Bonnie Mann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bonnie Mann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 2009 12:08:15 -0700

Dear FEAST Folks,

We are hiring two visitors at the University of Oregon next year.  The University of Oregon is an extremely feminist-friendly department, possibly the only grad program in the nation that requires all grad students to take two courses in feminist philosophy, and over 60% of our graduate students are women.  Located in beautiful Eugene, Oregon, an hour from everything (mountains, ocean, etc), and two hours from Portland (5 from Seattle), it's a really great place to spend a year. Application deadline is April 22nd. Visitors will primarily be filling in for people on sabbatical. I'm happy to field questions.

Bonnie Mann

Announcement

Visiting Assistant Professor, beginning September 2009.  Two positions.  (1) AOS: Continental Philosophy; (2) AOS: American Philosophy.  Each position will teach at least one large lecture course with graduate teaching assistants.  Ability to teach advanced courses in Continental or American Philosophy, including graduate courses, and at least two of the following is required: Phil 110, Human Nature; Phil 311 History of Modern Philosophy or Phil 325, Logic, Argument and Inquiry; Phil 312, History of 19th Century Philosophy; and Phil 444, Feminist Ethics. Teaching experience and PhD required. Salary will be competitive depending on qualifications. We seek candidates with a commitment to working effectively with students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds. Review of applications will begin April 22 and will continue until the position is filled. Complete applications, including c.v., three letters of recommendation, and a writing sample should be sent to Philosophy Search Committee, Department of Philosophy, 1295 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403-1295. For more information, please refer to http://hr.uoregon.edu/jobs/.  EO/AA/ADA institution.