FIRST is pleased to announce that registration for the 2009 Jr.FLL Smart Move season will open on Monday, August 3rd, at 12:00 noon EDT. We are looking forward to having you participate in this year's Challenge and hope that you are ready for another exciting year of Jr.FLL.
The opening of Jr.FLL registration brings a few new changes for this year. FIRST has a new Jr.FLL Program Manager, and a new Jr.FLL registration system. As Jr.FLL continues to grow, change, and improve, you will help to make it one of the strongest and most successful programs at FIRST.
In order to experience all of the wonderful features of Jr.FLL, please register your teams by purchasing a Jr.FLL Team Access Pass for each team. A Team Access Pass can be purchased by visiting http://www.usfirst.org/jrfll on August 3, 2009 at noon EDT, and then clicking on the registration link found on the right side of the page under the Headlines section.
Your $25 (USD) Team Access Pass is your ticket to the Jr.FLL Smart Move Challenge which includes:
* Jr.FLL Smart Move Challenge - The Model and Show-Me Poster Instructions
* Jr.FLL Coaches' Guide - Best practices and tips for coaches
* Jr.FLL Event Guide - Detailed instructions and sample schedules for hosting a Jr.FLL event
* Jr.FLL Forums - Unrestricted access to private Jr.FLL Forums, including a forum just for coaches
* Jr.FLL Community Blog - Access to view weekly Blog posts about Jr. FLL news and updates.
Once you have purchased the Jr.FLL Team Access Pass you will have the option to purchase the Jr.FLL base kit and other related LEGO products.
Please Note When Registering:
* The first step is to create a user account in the Jr.FLL Team Information Management System.
* To create a user account click on the New User Button found on the right side of the page.
* The registration process consists of two steps. First complete the Team Profile section by entering your team's contact information. The Team Profile section must be completed in its entirety before a team can proceed in the registration system.
· When completing the Team Profile section, the registration system requires two adult contacts with different contact information for each adult. Please have this ready when registering.
* Once the Team Profile section is complete, an e-mail with a temporary password will be sent to the e-mail address of the teams main contact person. Once the temporary password has been received, go back into the system to continue the registration process. Once logged in, you may change your password.
* A temporary team number will be assigned until the registration fee has been paid.
· Credit cards are the only accepted method of payment for the Team Access Pass of $25 (USD).
· Once you have paid the registration fee you will receive your official team number and have the option to purchase the Jr. FLL base kit as well as some other related LEGO products if needed.
· The Smart Move Challenge materials will not be available until the FLL/Jr.FLL global launch date of September 3, 2009.
· Please log back in on or after September 3, 2009 to gain access to the Jr.FLL Smart Move Challenge Materials.
As always, please feel free to send any questions you may have to [log in to unmask]
Jr.FLL Team Support
------ End of Forwarded Message
To UNSUBSCRIBE or CHANGE YOUR SETTINGS, please visit https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-l.html and select "Join or leave the list".
If you want to join the VADCFLL-ADMIN-L mailing list - to which FLL administrative announcements will be distributed - visit https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-admin-l.html and select "Join or leave the list".