New and Returning Coaches in the Lynchburg and nearby areas,
There will be a Coaching Workshop on Saturday, September 12, 2009.
Please see the contact information below and RSVP to Barbara Bragg if
Presenters: Cari& Patrick Norton
Location: CVCC, Merritt Hall, Multi-purpose Room, 5122
Date/Time: Saturday, September 12, 2009, 9 a.m.to 3 p.m.
R.S.V.P. required, register in advance. Please respond to Barbara Bragg
at [log in to unmask] to reserve a spot. Please include your school
name, school division, day phone and cell phone numbers.
Prepare coaches for the FLL season & share ideas on how to proceed. We
will also distribute LEGO materials, provided they're received in time.
* Brand New registered FLL team coaches, potential coaches, leaders&
* Experienced coaches willing to share ideas
* Note: The workshop is not intended for individual FLL team members,
so please do not bring children.
What to Bring:
Returning team groups should bring a laptop computer with NXTG
installed, an NXT robot, extra LEGO robotics pieces, an extension cord,
and a packed lunch (we will have access to refrigerator and microwave).
Agenda: Please switch cell phones and pager to OFF or quiet mode.
1) Expectations as a Coach (Getting Started and Organizing the
2) Understanding the Robot Game, the Project Presentation, and
3) Learning to Program the Robot (Using the NXT and NXTG)
4) Coaching Tips & handouts
To UNSUBSCRIBE or CHANGE YOUR SETTINGS, please visit https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-l.html and select "Join or leave the list".
If you want to join the VADCFLL-ADMIN-L mailing list - to which FLL administrative announcements will be distributed - visit https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-admin-l.html and select "Join or leave the list".