Monospaced Font

Reminder for Regional Tournament Registration

Karen Berger <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 6 Oct 2009 14:48:44 -0700

VA/DC FLL coaches,
This is a friendly reminder that the regional tournament registration
process is open until noon on October 15th. If you have not completed
your registration, please take a few minutes to log onto the system and
do so. Even if you are not planning on competing at a tournament,
please log into the system and indicate this. This will save us a lot
of time trying to track down individual teams. Note that the regional
tournament process is first-come, first serve and assignments will be
released on October 19th.

Thanks to those of you who have already completed the registration!

I’ve included my original email last week below. We may have some new
people to the listserv who didn’t get it last time.

Thanks,
Karen
Good evening VA/DC FLL,

This note is to let everyone know about the upcoming regional qualifying
tournament registration period. You will be able to access the newly
updated registration system via the VA/DC FLL web site (www.vadcfll.org)
and registration will be open from noon on October 1st through noon on
October 15th.

Tournament assignments will be announced on Monday, October 19th. We
will do our best to accommodate your first choice of tournament, but
there are only a certain number of slots available for each location so
- as in previous years - registration will be first come, first served.

The tournament listings have been updated and can be found on the
“tournaments" page of the VA/DC FLL Web site. I have also pasted them
at the bottom of this message for ease of use.

Please be aware that cookies must be enabled on your computer in order
to use the registration system. If this poses a problem in your school
or place of business, you will need to use another computer or have
someone else register for you.

If you have any questions, please send them to [log in to unmask]

WHAT WILL I NEED TO BE ABLE TO REGISTER FOR A TOURNAMENT?
- Your national FLL team number as provided by FIRST.
- Contact information for the coach.
- Team member details including name, gender, date of birth (to allow
the system to assign age division), and whether or not the team member
has participated in FLL before.

OTHER THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT REGISTRATION…
* Because we know that a number of you are managers - and in some cases
coaches - for more than one team, you will have the option to register
multiple teams and list different coaches for each team. If you
register more than one team then you will be responsible for any updates
to each team that you register or you will need to share your log in
information with individual managers to do so themselves.
* Any manager or coach email addresses provided will be automatically
added to the "admin" email list from which all administrative messages
will be sent.

A SPECIAL NOTE TO TEAMS REGISTERED WITH FIRST THAT DO NOT PLAN TO
PARTICIPATE IN A VA/DC FLL QUALIFYING TOURNAMENT.
* Even if you don't plan to register a team for a VA/DC FLL regional
qualifying tournament this season, please log in and make note of that
so that we don't have to contact you separately (there will be a clear
place to indicate this on the first page). This will help save time for
our very busy volunteers who would otherwise have to follow up directly
with any unregistered teams.

Thank you for all that you do and we look forward to an exciting season!

Karen
-------------
Karen Berger
VA/DC FLL Regional Tournament Coordinator

Northern Virginia/DC Region
Chantilly (11/7) – Franklin MS
Chantilly (11/7) – Rocky Run MS
District of Columbia (11/7) – Powell ES
Stafford (11/14) - T Benton Gayle MS
Reston (11/14) – Forest Edge ES
District of Columbia (11/14) – Smithsonian Institute
Alexandria (11/15) - Thomas Jefferson HS

Capital Region
Richmond (11/7) – Maggie Walker HS
Richmond (11/7) – Science Museum of Virginia
Richmond (11/14) - Benedictine HS

Southeast Region
Newport News (11/7) - Crittenden MS
Norfolk (11/14) – Campostella ES

Southwest Region
Blacksburg (11/8) - Blacksburg HS
Abingdon (11/14) – Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center

Central Region
Charlottesville (11/7) – Jack Jouett MS
Harrisonburg (11/7) – JMU - CISAT
Halifax (11/14) – Halifax County MS
Lynchburg (11/14) - Timberlake Christian School