Re: A note on rechargeable batteries

Glenn Roberts <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 14 Oct 2009 16:41:56 -0400

You don't say why you asked.  If it was part of a team's strategy to, say,
have their robot lift up that part of the bridge by breaking the dual-lock
connection that would seem to be deliberate "field damage".  Rule 27 doesn't
seem to address this directly but the implication is you only get points if
there was a faulty setup or unusual or accidental behavior on the part of
your robot.  Accidental field damage is common but having deliberate field
damage be a part of one's strategy sounds iffy.

Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: First Lego League in Virginia and DC
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Patrick & Cari Norton
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 3:59 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [VADCFLL-L] A note on rechargeable batteries

I'm not sure what you mean by "glued", but the red part of the bridge will
be "secured" with Dual-Lock to the edge of the table (or border wall)  per
Field Set Up.  See below.

MODEL DETAILS - BRIDGE

Bridge - Dual Lock Needed - Get familiar with the bridge's exact placement
before applying Dual Lock, then apply Dual Lock at one or two locations at a

time, from south to north.  After the six mat contacts are done, use three
Dual Lock pairs to secure the red deck to the border wall (one pair at each
end, and one pair at center).  Prop up the hinged black deck by standing its

swivel beam's end on the tiny black mark.

Cari N.