FEAST-L Archives

July 2010

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

Sender:
Feminist ethics and social theory <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Shay Welch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2010 17:01:56 -0400
To: Feminist ethics and social theory <[log in to unmask]>
Hi FEASTies!

I am looking for two sorts of genius:
1. One who lives and breathes social choice theory (think Sen) and
group intention/ cooperation (think Tuomela)- especially prisoner's
dilemmas/ game theory.
2. One who know the taxonomy of meta-ethics better than a frat boy
knows the Greek alphabet.

I'm knee deep in both sets of literature but find that I could really
benefit from some basic introductory taxonomies and descriptions.  If
you have any recommendations for easy, breezy intro books on these
subjects to supplement the heavy stuff, please let me know.  I've been
reviewing some table of contents on amazon but really don't like the
idea of choosing blindly since intro books can be amazing or garbage;
and since I'm not wholly proficient in the literature as of yet, I am
unable to recognize the better authors and editors.

I hope you are all well

--
All my best,
Shay Welch