FEAST-L Archives

September 2010

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

Sender:
Feminist ethics and social theory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:42:41 -0700
8bit
From:
Sarah Song <[log in to unmask]>
Devonya, your student might also look at the work of the development
economist, Esther Duflo, who has several papers that attempt to measure
the effects of having women in leadership positions.  Some paper titles
include:  "Gender Equality in Development," "Why Political
Reservations," "Unappreciated Service: Performance, Perceptions, and
Women Leaders in India," and "Women as Policy Makers: Evidence from a
Randomized Policy Experiment in India."  Her website with links to these
papers is here: http://econ-www.mit.edu/faculty/eduflo/papers.

Best wishes,
Sarah

Sarah Song