Re: Ultrasonic sensor - not behaving accurately

Tom Bove <[log in to unmask]>

Tom Bove <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 19 Nov 2010 14:47:05 +0000

We encountered the same situation, but the sensor was within a loop block.  The height of the sensor didn't seem to be a factor.  Approaching objects at other than a 90 deg angle seemed to be the major issue.  Also, I had not sanded the wood borders of our practice field, and after smoothing the problem area, the accuracy improved.  We did insert a stop motor block upon exiting from the loop to avoid coasting issue.

At the competition, it worked fine.

Tom
Coach of Team #2280- The Blockheads