VADCFLL-L  March 2011

VADCFLL-L March 2011

UNC Greensboro LEGO Robotics Coach wanted - PAID position

Matt Fisher <[log in to unmask]>

Matt Fisher <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 14 Mar 2011 14:22:21 -0400

We are in search of two LEGO Robotics coaches / instructors for our summer
camp program.  This is a paid position which includes a salary, housing,
food, and transportation.

Job Description for the All-Arts, Sciences & Technology Camp

LEGO Robotics Coach / Instructor

The All-Arts, Sciences & Technology Camp, sponsored by UNCG's Division of
Continual Learning, is a weeklong, residential summer camp for children ages
7-15. Designed to give quality instruction in the arts and sciences, the
camp also includes recreation, values exploration, and citizenship components.

Our camp travels to different college campuses (NC State, George Mason, UNC
Greensboro, and Virginia Tech) throughout the months of July and August.
Our camp dates for 2011 are July 8th – August 5th, 2011.    Our LEGO
Robotics coach / instructor is responsible for leading a 16-hour course in
LEGO Robotics using LEGO Mindstorm and the LEGO Terraformers curriculum.
All supplies and curriculum is provided.  We prefer to hire an instructor
with experience in LEGO Robotics.

LEGO Robotics instructor position description:

•	Lead a two 2-hour LEGO Robotics classes a day (Monday – Thursday) using
LEGO Terraformers curriculum
•	Additional camp duties on Sunday morning, Wednesday night and Friday
morning.
•	Document the camper’s work throughout the week using still images and videos.
•	Burn a DVD of photos and videos for campers to take home after camp.

We are interested in hiring applicants who can work the entire camp season
and travel with our program to each university location.  LEGO Robotics
instructor positions start at $350 a week, but could be more depending on
the qualifications of the instructor.  This salary includes housing, meals,
and transportation to each campus location.

Apply online at: http://web.uncg.edu/dcl/web/allarts_technology/employment/

For more information, please contact:

Matthew Fisher, Curriculum Director
Email:  [log in to unmask]
Web: http://allarts.uncg.edu

UNCG All-Arts, Sciences & Technology Camp
Division of Continual Learning
915 Northridge Avenue
Greensboro, NC 27402

Phone: 336.315.7044