From:
Steve Scherr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Scherr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 2008 21:59:49 -0400
Yes, you are correct.   The robot may perform any allowable action once it has been Started and is
Active, even if it has not left base yet.  So, whether in Base or not, an active robot may turn, push
something, deploy an attachment, etc. etc.

Steve

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 13:06:10 -0400, Sonya Shaver <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hi,Regarding the Ruling 14 on the Q&A blog, does this mean now that the
>robot does NOT have to leave the base entirely before doing anything?  I am
>thinking specifically about the storm wheel mission.  Here is what it says:
>
>If you touch your robot while the only part of it in Base is the end of some
>long [whatever] that was left there like the end of a dog's leash for the
>obvious purpose of avoiding a touch penalty, you'll still get the penalty. I
>don't want to go back to ruling that the robot must leave base before it can
>do anything, so instead you get this post.
>
>Thanks for any clarification!
>
>Sonya in Harrisonburg

announcements will be distributed - visit https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-admin-l.html
and select "Join or leave the list".