Re: Cargo in base

Andy Traiger <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 25 Oct 2011 22:40:54 -0400

Steve,

In regards to the bacteria and base, I have a related question that I don't
understand.  Let's say your robot has possession every bacterium from all
four dumping stations (pink, red, green and purple) and before it makes it
back to base it gets stuck.  What happens to the bacteria?  Does the ref
dump it on the mat right where it got stuck or does he take it out of play
off the table?  How would this be scored?  The mission requirements simply
state that you get 12 points for each of the four dumping stations if no
bacteria is touching the mat outside base.  So would you still get 48 points
if your robot successfully removes them from the dumping stations without
spilling any on the mat but failed to make it back to base and had to be
rescued?

A second question about bacteria scoring:
The rules state:
"Empty dispensers are worth twelve points each, if NO bacteria touching the
mat outside base."

Does this mean that if the robot successfully retrieves (none touching the
mat) all bacteria of red, purple and pink but spilled a single green one
that the value of all four empty dispensers decreases from 12 to 7, or do
you still get 12 points for the three successful retrievals and seven for
the unsuccessful one?

Thanks,

Andy
Coach Vienna Robotics