Re: To Drrop or not to Droop

Stephen Scherr <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 1 Nov 2011 23:17:10 -0400

I agree that Update 29 is imprecise and hence unsatisfying.

This post is official discussion of what to expect from the droop for
Virginia/DC tournaments.

Update 29 tells you to expect the same droop as you are seeing in
practice.  I cannot guarantee you that.

Update 29 tells the tournament organizer to construct the dispenser
models exactly as described up through Update 12.  I can promise you
that.

I believe that all the tournament kits are currently new, and have not
been set up for more than a few hours.  They will be used multiple
times over the next three weeks.

Teams can expect to see any droop inherent in the redesigned structure
of the bacteria dispensers.

Teams should not expect to see any droop caused through pulling of the
dispenser structure on the mats over a period of several weeks.
Tournaments will NOT stretch the mat near the dispensers in order to
increase or change the amount of droop.

Any variation in the amount of droop will be treated under Rule 27, Variability.

Teams should have time during practice time and practice rounds to
assess the state of tournament fields.  Teams may attempt to adjust
their robots, if desired, during available time the day of the
tournament.

Steve Scherr
VA/DC FLL Referee Advisor