VADCJRFLL-L Archives

May 2012

VADCJRFLL-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Sally Sylvester <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2012 09:31:13 -0400
Hello Jr.FLL Coaches and Friends,

First, I hope you all had a great Snack Attack season and are getting
excited about the upcoming Super Seniors season!
Registration for Super Seniors opens on August 1st and we hope to see
you all back again!  Remember you can use
your same LEGOS from last year, so you'll only have to pay the
registration fee.  With Jr.FLL growing rapidly in Virginia/DC
we will have more Jr.FLL Expos next year and hope to even have some in
the late fall.

To read about Super Seniors, go to:
 http://juniorfirstlegoleague.org/2012-super-seniors-challenge.html

Now, I am looking for some Jr.FLL teams to come and help showcase the
program at a fun, family event.

Spring N2 Summer - Saturday, June 16th  Science Museum of Virginia -
Richmond
This is a fun, family event with lots of activities going on and a way
to kick off the start of summer.
We will be having all four FIRST programs there as well as fun,
hands-on engineering activities for young students.

I would love to have a table showcasing Jr.FLL.  The event is from 9am
- 5 pm, but we will have three shifts so teams don't have
to stay the entire day.  Even if only a couple members can come that is
fine! I would like the Jr.FLL teams to bring along their
model and Show-Me Poster and we'll have a table for you to display them
on.

9:00am - 11:30 am
11:30am - 2:00 pm (pizza included)
2:00 - 4:30 pm

Please let me know if you are interested in helping with this fun
event.  There will also be FLL, FTC and FRC robots there!!

Sally Sylvester
Senior Mentor Virginia