Re: Team Size question

Gail Drake <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 27 Sep 2012 11:11:58 -0400

This question was presented to US FIRST as a result of this conversation
on this list serve two weeks prior.

US FIRST has updated their FLL Participation Rules Webpage to address
this question:
Here is the link:
http://www.firstlegoleague.org/mission/participationrules

" Team Members
●An FLL team must have a minimum of two (2) and a maximum of ten (10)
children.  A team with more than ten (10) children will not be eligible
for awards at an official FLL tournament.
●Children may be members of only one (1) FLL team per season.
●No team member may exceed the maximum allowed age in your region
prior to January 1 of the year the Challenge is released.
●Allowed ages in most countries: 9-16 years
●Allowed ages in U.S., Canada, and Mexico: 9-14 years"

So, yes you can have a team with more than 10, but you are not eligible
to take on 10 officially to an event and compete.

Professor Drake
Battlefield High School
Information Technology and Programming Faculty

ILITE Robotics Coach, FRC Team 1885, FTC, ZERO Robotics, Seaperch
US FIRST FLL Judge, Tournament Director
(571) 261-4726

FIRST1885.org
ILITERobotics.org