FEAST-L Archives

October 2012

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Lisa Tessman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lisa Tessman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2012 12:43:29 -0400
Applicants may contact me if they have any questions.

Lisa Tessman

BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY/THE STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK: Assistant
Professor of Philosophy, tenure-track, beginning August 2013. The
Department seeks a candidate able to contribute to its doctoral
program in Social, Political, Ethical and Legal Philosophy, as well as
the interdisciplinary undergraduate program in Philosophy, Politics
and Law. Teaching load is 2 courses per semester; thesis supervision
and usual non-teaching duties.

Requirements:

AOS: Ethics, broadly construed. AOC: Open; the Department has teaching
needs in Biomedical and/or Health Care Ethics.

Additional Information:

For additional information, contact Joy Tassey, Administrative
Assistant. Email: [log in to unmask]

It is the policy of the Binghamton University to provide for and
promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms
and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of
age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital
status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or
carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless
based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.

Application Instructions:

Interested candidates should submit the following items electronically
to: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com (1) cover letter, (2)
curriculum vita, (3) brief writing sample, and (4) three letters of
academic reference.

Deadline for applications is November 7, 2012. The Search Committee
will conduct initial interviews via Skype in mid-December.

About Binghamton University:

Binghamton University has built a reputation as a world-class
institution that combines a broadly interdisciplinary, international
education with one of the most vibrant research programs in the
nation. Binghamton is proud to be ranked among the elite public
universities in the nation for challenging our students academically,
not financially. The result is a unique, best-of-both-worlds college
experience. Our academic culture rivals a first-rate private
university - rigorous, collaborative and boldly innovative -- while
our campus culture exemplifies the best kind of public university
experience: richly diverse students, active social life and deep
engagement with the community. Our students, both undergraduate and
graduate, work one-on-one with an exceptional faculty that includes
Pulitzer Prize winners and groundbreaking scholars. They take
advantage of special academic opportunities like combined degrees,
foreign language study groups and an unparalleled international
education program.

--
Lisa Tessman

Associate Professor of Philosophy
Program in Social, Political, Ethical and Legal Philosophy (SPEL)
Binghamton University
Binghamton, NY 13902-6000

Office phone: (607) 777-2269
Email: [log in to unmask]