Re: Transitions mission

VA/DC Referee Advisor <[log in to unmask]>

VA/DC Referee Advisor <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 9 Oct 2012 21:54:00 -0400

Yes, Will is correct.  Also see Game Update 1:

1 - ROBOT TOUCHING CENTER PLATFORM "ONLY"
This doesn't mean "all the robot has to do is touch the center
platform."  It means "the only thing the robot can be touching is the
center platform."

The mission uses the word "touching", which has the specific meaning
of "making direct contact", according to Rule 26.

So if a wheel is "in the gap" but not "touching the ramp", then that
is okay.  If the robot and attachments extend into the air outside the
center platform, but are not touching the ramp, steps, mat, or
anything but air, then that is okay, too.

Steve Scherr
VA/DC FLL Referee Advisor