Re: Thank you Haymarket

paul chemmanoor <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 19 Nov 2012 09:22:26 -0800

Likewise, a big THANK YOU! from the Mind Machines to the organizers at
Battlefield hs in Haymarket. It is our third time competing at
Haymarket as part of different teams and each time we are amazed at the
enthusiasm for robotics in particular and fll in general that we see at
the venue.

As others have called out, events start and end on time at Haymarket!
That is an amazing feat given the logistics involved with several
hundreds of people including so many small kids.

As an example they set an audacious goal of distributing 500 lunches in
5 minutes and largely succeeded !

Great show Haymarket!

Paul Chemmanoor,
Mentor for Mind Machines 2012
From: Judy A. Shaw
Sent: 11/19/2012 11:56 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [VADCFLL-L] Thank you Haymarket
A big "Thank you" to Haymarket from Ilite Purple Porkchops for the competition
they ran on 11/17/12.  INCREDIBLE!!! You sure know how to run an event!!
Mind boggling!!

The competition was just filled with volunteers working and they clearly loved
being there.  Every person involved in the event was upbeat and positive.
Smiles from everyone!!  I know that many are ILITE FTC and FRC members, and
despite needing to prepare for their own competitions, they were there for the
FLL kids...our kids.  These young people really knew the rules and handled
themselves beautifully and were role models for the core values...teamwork,
gracious professionalism and inspiration.

And the adults!  Wow!!  We cannot thank the mentors, coaches, etc. who give of
themselves over and over again to encourage kids in STEM...PRICELESS.

Judy Shaw
Emily Duarte, Zachary Milnes, Jordan Shaw
Team 6971 - Ilite Purple Porkchops

-- To UNSUBSCRIBE or CHANGE your settings, please visit
https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-l.html and select "Join or
leave the list".

-- VADCFLL administrative announcements are sent via
VADCFLL-ANNOUNCEMENTS-L. Visit
https://listserv.jmu.edu/archives/vadcfll-ANNOUNCEMENTS-l.html to
subscribe.