FEAST-L Archives

October 2013

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

Sender:
Feminist ethics and social theory <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Alison Reiheld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2013 15:39:23 -0500
Folks:

We are a feminist-friendly, family-friendly department with a commitment to
faculty diversity.  Our search this year is in Modern.  You can find more
details at
http://www.siue.edu/employment/employmentopportunities/cas/FY14-23.shtml
including a link to the on-line application.  Here is the PhilJobs/JFP ad:

Southern Illinois University Edwardsville: Assistant Professor, tenure track,
beginning August 16, 2014. Ph.D. required. ABDs may be considered.  (If Ph.D.
is not completed at the beginning of the contract period, a one year term
appointment will be made at the rank of instructor.) Teaching experience
required. Seeking an excellent teacher and strong researcher. AOS: Modern
Philosophy. AOC: Metaphysics/Epistemology. Must be able to teach Reasoning and
Argumentation. The department also has teaching needs in American Philosophy
and Philosophy of Art. Three courses per semester. Usual non-teaching duties.
Possible summer teaching. Salary commensurate with qualifications and
experience. EO/AAE. The department embraces diversity and seeks candidates who
will create a climate that attracts students of all races, nationalities, and
genders. We strongly encourage women and minorities to apply. (SIUE is a state
university; benefits under state-sponsored plans may not be available to
holders of F1 or J1 visas.) Electronic applications may be sent to
http://apply.interfolio.com/22895    Paper applications may be sent to Judith
Crane, Chair, Department of Philosophy, Box 1433, Southern Illinois University
Edwardsville, Edwardsville, IL 62026.  Applications should include Curriculum
Vitae, writing sample, teaching materials, transcripts, and three letters of
recommendation. Deadline: November 1, 2013

I am not a member of the search committee, but welcome any questions about the
university or department.

   Alison Reiheld
   Assistant Professor, Department of Philosophy
   College of Arts and Sciences
   SIU-Edwardsville