FEAST-L Archives

October 2013

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Alison Reiheld <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alison Reiheld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2013 11:35:54 -0500
Seconded!  Or, by this point, fourthed?

I especially appreciated the challenges regarding FEAST's own pluralism in both
philosophical approaches (several papers on Native philosophy) and demographics
(from Dr. Vest's presentation and the discussion during the Business Meeting of
making feast a welcoming place for women of color, and more aware of the
philosophical work of women of color).

The latter is a difficult conversation well worth having, as were all the others
which took place.

Best,
  Alison
   Alison Reiheld
   Assistant Professor, Department of Philosophy
   College of Arts and Sciences
   SIU-Edwardsville