Re: [External] Re: [VADCFLL-L] How to help team and student with learning disability at tournament

"Centner, Mary [USA]" <[log in to unmask]>

Centner, Mary [USA]

Wed, 23 Oct 2013 20:27:13 +0000

I was a judge at a tournament with special needs kids, and we were briefed about it ahead of time by the tournament director. I was a project judge, and all the coaches for the special needs kids reminded us who they were before their presentations. It worked out fine.

Haydee mentioned having special awards for those kids or teams. The Judges' Award could be used for that I think. I suppose it would be up to your tournament director or head judge.