FEAST-L Archives

January 2014

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Alison Reiheld <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alison Reiheld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2014 15:08:58 -0600
Honestly, folks, I just like the little hats.

More seriously, I think this is a great idea, Jen and Judy et al. Our department
has a spare set of undecorated robes for folks who need to attend graduation,
which was very egalitarian (donated by an emeritus). They are not always
available, so it is still good to have one's own set and I do now, at great
personal expense. A more egalitarian system--whether departmental communal
robes or handing them down feminist to feminist--is most certainly to be
desired.

Neat idea,
  Alison

   Alison Reiheld
   Assistant Professor, Department of Philosophy
   College of Arts and Sciences
   SIU-Edwardsville