FEAST-L Archives

October 2014

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Bonnie Mann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bonnie Mann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2014 09:03:43 -0700
Dear FEAST,

Can someone please remind me about feminist articles/essays/arguments
that were circulating maybe a year or so ago in reply to the
charge/strategy that feminism has nothing to do with gender parity in
philosophy? I find that this notion that having feminist philosophy as
offerings or requirements has no relation to gender parity, to how
welcome women feel or don't feel, how at home women are in philosophy,
has really taken hold. I remember some quite brilliant responses but
unfortunately can't remember where I read them or who wrote them.

Thanks so much for the help.

Bonnie

--
Dr. Bonnie Mann
Head and Associate Professor of Philosophy