FEAST-L Archives

February 2015

FEAST-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
Suzanne Laba <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2015 14:49:27 -0600
Many years ago, in the same class, one student commented that I was
"concerned, caring and helpful" while another described me as
"closed-minded, impersonal and not approachable."  I've kept these two
comments around to remind myself of how differently  students in the
same classroom may perceive who and how I am.
I like the 'mom' hypothesis, and agree this is a great tool for implicit bias.

Sue Cataldi