Re: Tournament scores

Ignacio Bravo <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 9 Nov 2015 15:32:55 -0500

I know what you mean. I am a returning coach and the wording about updating some of the rules is frightening to me. I know what I was supposed to do in the past, but Iím still a bit uncertain on the whole definition of run and what can one do while in base. Weíll see what the refs say this weekend.
All in all, Iím coaching the girls to be very proud for what theyíve achieved, and the way they programmed the Cookie-Bot (thatís our robot name) to do what they Ďthinkí it should do.

We did fall into the same 110 truck trap that you mention, but there was a rules clarification specifically about that one. As a returning coach, I also thought about the compass as a circle, but they caught that one two. ;-)

And we are avoiding the whole bar thingy as I was not able to understand it myself, let alone my girls. We are back to basics: push, align to wall and grab with a claw.

IB