TOK-SOCIETY-L Archives

March 2024

TOK-SOCIETY-L@LISTSERV.JMU.EDU

From:
"Henriques, Gregg - henriqgx" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UTOK Society listserv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2024 14:23:17 +0000
Hi Steve,

UTOK's architecture is very much about linking these domains (i.e., quantum field theory, experience, thought).

However, the way it grips these issues takes some getting used to. The reason is that it is coming at the issues via a framework for human knowledge. So, it is a "meta" vantage point that is seeing quantum mechanics and ideas about consciousness and human psychology as justification systems. It then places those justification systems on the Tree of Knowledge map of Big History and from there it networks key insights together.

To give just one example, since quantum mechanics emerged, there has been massive confusion and debate about the nature of measurement and the place of an observer. UTOK's "Over and Down" rotated onto-epistemology provides a graphic that enables us to be clear about the difference between measurement and human observers. Measurement is/can happen at the bottom of the graphic, which is where I have placed the Born, Heisenberg, Jordan algebraic matrix equation for quantum mechanics.

UTOK's architecture networks the issue of measurement with the nature of the universe as being, "at bottom" an Energy Information Implicate Order, which frames, in broad terms, why we have issues in the quantum world of entanglement, superposition, nonlocality, indeterminism, etc. The rest of the Tree of Knowledge System tracks how to how to extend the world of behavioral complexification to human observers, who are living organisms, minded animals and cultured persons. It also then frames science as a "systematic observation of behavioral frequency" epistemology. This connects to how mathematical physical concepts are developed. And UTOK is explicitly networked into a fundamental framework for quantum mechanics, which is the algebraic matrix of Born, Heisenberg, and Jordan. This is equivalent to the Schrodinger equation, only comes at it from algebraic matrices. It turns out the way it frames the world of behaviors and observers is directly aligned with how UTOK's ToK System frames observers and behaviors. Ultimately, this gives rise to the iQuad Coin formulation, which in turn, allows us to see the dimension of human subjectivity.

I understand that this is a lot of "jargon" and that is a challenge for the system. My hope is that enough people will learn to speak it, see these connections and then determine whether or not they have true, reliable, generalizable concepts and categories across the disciplines.