NXT Programming Online Classes
News, Information & Updates from the Robotics Academy
Carnegie Mellon's Robotics Academy is pleased to announce two online training opportunities:
These web-based courses feature content from the NXT Video Trainer (NVT). The
NVT is designed to support schools, community centers and parents interested in training students to program LEGO robots.
For a limited time only, the Competition Programming class is free to First LEGO League coaches who already own the NVT! Otherwise, the NVT is included as part of the course tuition in both of our Fall online class offerings:
The Teacher Course
NXT-G Online Professional Development features:
- NXT Graphical Programming Language (NXT-G) training for all skill levels
- Learn how to use robots to teach Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
- Classroom-tested teaching CD-Rom included with course (NXT Video Trainer 2.0 - $265 value)
- Access to NXT Teacher Class bulletin board
- Earn a Certificate of Completion worth 30 hours of professional development credit
- Be the robotics teacher every student wants to learn from...!
The Mentor / Parent Class
NXT Competition Programming features:
- Step-by-step NXT-G programming training for mentors of all skill levels
- Easy-to-use tool to teach NXT programming included with class ( NXT Video Trainer 1.0 )
- Team-building strategies, game day tips & tricks, and FLL competition resources
- Access to NXT Teacher Community bulletin board
- If you already own the NXT Video Trainer, course tuition is waived
- Give your team the ultimate advantage--a coach who knows how to program...!
Classes start this month--be sure to register as soon as you can, as class size is limited.
TETRIX coming soon!
© Copyright 2009 Carnegie Mellon University Robotics Academy
CMU Robotics Academy
NXT-G Online Professional Development